Welcome, I hope you enjoy Our family as much as i do...

Welcome, I hope you enjoy Our family as much as i do...Feel free to Look around..
"Everyday is a New Day.. Let us rejoice and Be Glad in It.. "
Our life may not be easy but its our life and we do the best we can to Live, Laugh and Love the Life God has Blessed us with.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Laundry DIY.. These work for us

Here below are the are the laundry soap, dryer sheet, stain remover and oxy clean recipes i have found that work for my family. They have even saved us $$.. Gotta love it.. My kids even help put it all together.. Better yet is it all is non toxic.. and Go-Green type of stuff. I certainly don't want to go back to store bought stuff.


 Laundry Soap  Original idea came from... frugallygreen
 Here is laundry soap i have been using since February of this year. I just wanted to try something new. I have saved so much in laundry soap.. well seeing as we are a family of 5 and we do at the least 1 load of laundry a day to keep down the loads.. we were going thru so much laundry and making trips to the store to get more laundry soap.. Last nite i made 2 batches.. one for my family and one for a friend.. I like making laundry soap..

  • Some kind of bucket to mix all your ingredients in. I used a 2 gallon paint bucket.
  • 1/3 bar of Fels Naptha Laundry Soap (you can also use Zote, Octagon, or Ivory--amounts may vary)
  • 1/2 cup Borax
  • 1/2 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda

Destiny Grating the soap

The ingredients
Soap going in water to melt

made a batch for a friend of mine. this is what her's came to 

the next morning.Here we used Zote soap. soap it gelled


next morning.. my soap. i used  Fels Naptha   
2 gallon size Vinegar bottles full of my soap













Here is another site that has Lots of useful information...tipnut

Original site i got this from..onegoodthingbyjillee
 Glad i did.. It has saved plenty of my husbands clothes.
      Not to mention the Stain remover for clothes.. lets see.. we were using shout.. even letting it sit on the clothes and it doesn't compare to what i have found and now use on our clothes as stain remover. My husband works with steel and comes home filthy.. so the stain remover i found i use.. i scrub a little bit on his clothes, where there is stains.. oil grease, etc.. let it sit for 20 minutes or more.. then throw it in the wash..

Homemade Stain Remover (Shout)
(I had Palmolive on hand, so that’s what I used)

I reuse my Palmolive dish bottles for the stain remover and it works better for me than the spray bottles.


From this site.. grocerycartchallenge

Homemade OxyClean

1 cup water
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
1/2 cup baking soda

Mix together and soak laundry in it for 20 minutes to overnight and then wash as usual. Or you can just skip the water and pour the peroxide and baking soda directly into the wash with your laundry soap and wash as usual. 

This is the recipe.. I skip the add water and put it straight into my washer as it is filling up.. If i have some real tough stuff.. i add 1/2 cup of vinegar.. 

Dryer Sheets.. Well here is where i got my original idea..tipnut
    In a pail mix 1 gallon of water and 1 cup concentrated liquid softener. Dip a sponge or washcloth in the liquid, squeeze out excess and toss in with the load. Seal pail when not in use.


My Dryer Sheet Rags, Softener and container i fill with water


 I sincerely thank the ladies that put up these recipes.. for i have found they work best for my family.. better than the store bought stuff. My Husband even loves it all. He has even told his friends about it all.

Update...Stain Remover Proof..
Ok so i found the Perfect example.. and took pictures.. Now keep in mind.. The shirt already had a few stains... thus is why My wonderful Husband picked it and a pair of grungy Jeans to work on the Front brakes of the car andreplaced driver side drive axel, steering ball joint and rotated the tires, and replace power steering belt.. so the clothes and my Hubby were gross..
Shirt
 So we have his shirt
Pants


Shirt and putting the above stain remover..

The Stain remover from above


I washed the the detergent from above and used the stain remover from above..  
The after Picture.. Shirt

The pants after they had been washed





So you see.. here is my proof That the stain remover works.. The stains, grease, brake dust..and dirt have come out for the most part.. to me.. this works.. I have tried other stain removers on his clothes and have not gotten these same or better results.. This is why i keep using the homemade soaps, removers.. etc.. I love it..



Loving Life.. Laughing all the time, and Praising God Each day...






No comments:

Post a Comment